This award recognizes African women agripreneurs who have demonstrated remarkable innovation in their businesses by having an impact on food security, climate resilence, women and youth empowerment.
VAYA recognizes established and emerging women agripreneurs in three categories:
- Young female agripreneur
- Outstanding value-adding enterprise
- Female agriculture technology innovator
These three women agripreneurs will each receive a 20,000 USD cash price.
- Must be operating in agriculture / agrobusiness value chains
- Have an innovative product / service
- Must be a national from one of the 54 African countries
- Have a strong digital footprint
- Should be a remarkable community leader actively amplifying the voice of women