Grow Asia Digital Learning Series
- The most promising AgriTech business models for South East Asia
- The role of drones in smallholder crop protection
- How satellite images provide insights on small farms
- Tools for making start-up corporate partnerships work
- How to engage farms as active users of digital solutions
This series will provide business leaders with an understating of the AgriTech landscape in South East Asia. The videos provide insights on potential business models and scale up pathways.
This webinar series is relevant for you if...
You are a business leader looking to leverage AgriTech in your smallholder value chain.
- Southeast Asia agritech landscape
- The first event in the Grow Asia Digital Learning Series took an overview of the AgriTech landscape across Southeast Asia. We took a look at past investment in the space, and the potential for growth in the near future. We also examined the latest trends in AgriTech, and the impact digital technologies can make on the livelihoods of smallholder farmers.
Duration: 68 minutes
- Yohanes Sugihtononugroho - CEO & Co-Founder of Crowde
- Hujjat Nadarajah - CEO & Founder of Tun Yat
- Jonathan Paul - Chief Commercial Officer & Co-Founder of Adatos.ai
- Southeast Asia drone landscape
- The second event in the Grow Asia Digital Learning Series took a deep dive into the development of agricultural drones in Southeast Asia, coinciding with the Unmanned Systems Asia 2019 held over 9-11 April. IPSOS Consulting (Hong Kong) launched their new 2019 China Agricultural Drone Report. Various industry stakeholders came together to identify roadblocks and help unlock opportunities for smallholder farmers in Southeast Asia.
Duration: 60 minutes
- Rob Hulme – Director Asia - Beanstalk Agtech
- Siang Hee Tan - CropLife Asia
- Jessica Chung IPSOS Consulting Jin Xi Cheong - Poladrone
- Space for agriculture in Southeast Asia
The third event in the Grow Asia Digital Learning Series focused on geodata captured through satellites, and how it can be used to generate meaningful agricultural advice for smallholder farmers, thereby leading to more efficient and sustainable outcomes.
Duration: 116 minutes
- Marinus Verweij - CEO, ICCO Cooperation
- Catalina von Hildebrand - NpM
- Leesa Soulodre - R3I Ventures
- Agritech solutions - Solving for scale and stickiness
At the fourth event in the Grow Asia Digital Learning Series, we explored how to acquire rural users on a digital solution, and get them to stick, becoming long-term regular users. We brought in founders from Myanmar and Indonesia to share their insights on acquisition and stickiness. They shared how they have used a range of tools from UX to in-person engagement, loyalty schemes, and social media to grow their user base.
Duration: 56 minutes
- Vincentius Sariyo - Chief of Business Development, TaniHub
- Erwin Sikma - Founder & CEO, Impact Terra
- Natasha Ardiani - Head of Strategy, OVO
- Corporate-startup partnerships
Startups and corporates have much to gain from AgriTech development partnerships. While startups bring agility, corporates can bring scale and reach. However, the reality of these partnerships makes them difficult to execute.
Duration: 78 minutes
- Minette Navarrete - President Kickstart Ventures
- Barbara Guerpillon - Director Unilever Foundry Asia
- Low Kim Huat - Regional Director (Emerging Markets) Yara
- Tanmay Bhargava - Head of Asia Pacific Intello Labs Spencer MorleyCOO Farmforce AS
The sixth and final event in the Grow Asia Digital Learning Series takes a closer look at microfinance - a proven solution for smallholder farmers and small businesses that lack access to formal financial services. Since its earliest application in the mid-19th century, microfinance has evolved and given rise to an ecosystem of providers that aid in service-delivery to beneficiaries.
We’ll explore how digital solutions can further transform modern microfinancing operations, especially to integrate various service providers, manage risk, and ultimately scale the impact of microfinance.
Duration: 78 minutes
- Aakash Parekh - Vice President, Europe & Asia of CropIn
- Matteo Marinelli - CEO of Maha Agriculture Microfinance
- Fay Choo - Asia Cocoa Director at Mars